My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

Friday, May 25, 2007

Found dog

While driving home on Sunday afternoon, my daughter and I saw a dog sitting by the side of the freeway off-ramp. The way he was wandering around on and off the freeway and the exit ramp, I don’t think he would have lived very much longer if we hadn’t stopped and picked him up.

On Monday evening my wife and I walked him around the neighborhood where we found him. I had expected him to lift up his head and sniff the air as soon as we got out of the car and lead us straight to his home. Well that didn’t happen. We put up some flyers in the local convenience store and launderette. Today his owner called and he’s coming to collect him tonight.

He’s stayed with us all week and I have to say I’ve become quite attached to him. I haven’t owned a dog before and the way he would pick up his head and wag his tail whenever he saw me was very charming. He’s a chow/lab mix about eight years old, very friendly and sweet natured. The cats were a bit freaked out when we brought him into the house but it seemed like they were adjusting. I foresee a trip to the local SPCA in our very near future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home