My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

Friday, May 18, 2007

Alasdair shreds

The Clientele has released some great cds. They specialize in gentle, jangly guitars, subtle arrangements, and emotionally vulnerable lyrics. What you might not realize if you haven’t seen them live is the way Alasdair can metamorphize into a flat out, balls to the wall, rock ‘n’ roll guitar god. Despite being fairly drunk last night, hitting several bum notes, and misreading the set list, when it came to let rip on the solos, he shredded. If shredded is the word I’m looking for.

Next time The Clientele comes to town, if I’m lucky enough for there to be a next time, I’m bringing everyone I know: friends, family, people from work, everyone. I’m going to pack that smoky little dump called Walter’s On Washington with civilians who will all leave devoted Clientele fans, each clutching at least one cd and a T-shirt apiece. It’s a promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home